Picture a big glass goblet filled to the halfway mark with water. How do you see it—half-full or half-empty?
Consistently finding the glass half-empty—and the world as a difficult place— is a hallmark of negativity.
Research has found that a negative outlook can contribute to everything from depression to heart disease to lowered immune system function. It can affect sleep, weight maintenance, the quality of your relationships, your social life, and even your ability to hold a job.
Now imagine what it would feel like to approach life from a place of positivity, fun, connection, health, and possibility. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
6 Simple Tips to Make a Positive Switch
To help wipe out negativity, try one or more of the following action steps:
- Go complaint-free. Try going an hour without complaining and see the positive things in your life. Next, try a day, a week, and so on.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Each evening, list 10 or more things that you are grateful for.
- Give compliments freely. Notice the good in others. Praise every person you interact with.
- Find beauty everywhere in your world. Notice its gorgeousness.
- Share your good news. Studies show that sharing happy events brings even more happiness.
- Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want.
Maintaining a positive outlook takes practice, and the more you do it, the easier it gets. The payoff—a happier, healthier life—is absolutely worth the effort.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Want to learn how to make positive choices in your own life? Want support in creating your healthiest, happiest life ever? Let’s talk! Schedule a complimentary health coaching consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about! Give me a call on 0827833563 or pop me a mail email@example.com