My cousin, Jarryd Thesen, is an absolute guru in the kitchen and his passion for recipe development has led him to the work he does today. We’ve paired up to bring you some healthy, flavour packed recipes that will blow your mind.
Baked Fish with Tomatoes and Fennel
By Jarryd Thesen
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- 4 white fish fillets such as hake (or 2 large fillets cut in half), roughly 400g
- 1 shallot or small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 200g baby fennel roughly cut into thirds
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- Handful freshly chopped flat leaf parsley and basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray or sheet pan with baking paper. Spread the shallot, garlic, tomatoes and the fennel on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt. Mix everything together so it’s evenly coated with olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables until the tomatoes are wrinkled and their juices are bubbling, about 20 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and place fish fillets on top of the mixture in a single layer. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and season with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Scatter the olives around and on top of the fish and return the tray back to the oven. Roast until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a gentle pull from a fork, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, season with black pepper and sprinkle with flat leaf parsley and basil. Serve with a leafy green salad.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you curious about understanding which foods work for your unique body type? Would you like help being as healthy as you can? Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about!
MORE ABOUT JARRYD
Jarryd is a self-taught food specialist working in the food media industry to develop delicious and gorgeous recipes. He has an extensive knowledge of global cuisine, ingredients and cooking techniques that he’s constantly expanding. Jarryd loves to offer his knowledge, skills and experiences that he has accumulated with anyone and everyone who’s interested in food.